Monday, April 29, 2013

turned to roses

DPP_0024
all of my life, i've hated my birthmark. it was big, ugly, and embarrassing. from the time i was young, people would come up to me and ask what happened, what's that red mark on your back? my discomfort kept me from wearing certain shirts and dresses. i would try to hide it at the pool. i know it may not seem like a big deal, but it was always a thing for me. a blow to my self-esteem. so after 32 years, i decided to finally do something about it. a few weeks ago i sat in a tattoo parlor for 4 hours to turn what i considered ugly into something beautiful. i could not be more happy. the pink of my birthmark colors the roses. so it's still there, still part of me because it's who i am, but it's a better me, a more confident me.  
DPP_0010 DPP_0020
i wanted to share this as the first post on my new blog because it signifies change and transition and moving forward. and i want to share more aspects of my life with you guys and i never felt i could do that on off of broadway. so, welcome to amandromeda! i think we'll have fun here.

No comments:

Post a Comment